For over 30 years, Huntington College of Health Sciences has offered more than a conventional nutrition education. Our accredited online programs also include the breadth of responsible complementary and alternative medicine viewpoints, providing a well-rounded, comprehensive approach to the health sciences.
Our students come from all over the world and include nutrition counselors, homemakers, health food store professionals, registered dietitians, chiropractors, registered nurses, dentists, physicians, massage therapists, psychologists, nutritional product marketers, military personnel, business executives, pharmacists and others seeking to enrich their knowledge of nutrition.We are proud of our courses as they reflect the tremendous strides that have recently been made in the field of nutrition education. The knowledge you gain from successful completion of your courses will bring you to a new level of health awareness that, if properly applied, should have a profound and lasting effect on your health as well as those you motivate to a healthier lifestyle.
We are also very proud of the fact that HCHS is the first nutrition distance education college to attain national accreditation by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission, the first accrediting agency for distance education recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
You can study and learn at your own pace, at a time and location that is best for you and at a considerable savings versus the tuition of most traditional universities. That's why more than three million Americans are currently advancing their knowledge through accredited independent study.
The mission of Huntington College of Health Sciences is to enrich lives by offering convenient and affordable quality distance education programs in integrative nutrition and health science, optimizing the professional and personal potential of our students."
Goals & Objectives
HCHS has set the following goals and objectives to expedite its mission.
- Provide affordable, comprehensive academic programs conveniently delivered through distance learning.
- Offer current, evidence-based curricular and course content through a rich online experience.
- Foster student success with educational and administrative support services that meet the needs of students regardless of location and situation.
- Provide competitively priced courses and programs to adult learners in diverse settings.
- Prepare graduates with the skills and knowledge to provide quality professional services in integrative nutrition and health science.
- Recruit and retain faculty with appropriate academic credentials and demonstrated success in their fields.
- Develop academic and professional competencies expected of graduates in their respective programs.
- Promote professional values and ethics expected of leaders in health science fields.