The Health Care Administration Program is mainly designed for students who anticipate transferring to a baccalaureate degree-granting institution. The course of study is interdisciplinary and includes the college core curriculum and courses specific to administration and health care as well as general liberal arts. Within this program, students may choose the Medical Billing and Coding option.
At the completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in coding using: International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision (lCD-g) coding book; Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) coding book; Healthcare Common Procedure System (HCPCS).
- Recognize the essential duties and responsibilities of medical insurance billing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English language and grammar in the medical environment.
- Interpret a patient medical report.
- Describe the reimbursement procedures for different types of medical records, settings, and procedures.
- Evaluate the accuracy and completeness of the patient record as defined by organizational policy and external regulations and standards.
- Validate the data collected for appropriate reimbursement.
- Outline the ethical considerations that impinge on the fields of healthcare.
- Define medical terms and abbreviations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the human body from the cellular level to the system level.
- Describe the origins, history, structure, and functions of the U.S. healthcare system.
Unlike many colleges in the United States, Quincy College does not charge a higher tuition rate to its international students. Below is a list of programs offered at Quincy College and the estimated cost of tuition and fees, as well as living expenses.
Quincy College currently welcomes more than 350 International students to our campus from around the world. Our international students have chosen this two-year institution for the same reasons American students did: Quincy College’s committed faculty and small class sizes, opportunities to transfer to four-year universities, outstanding academic programs, flexible class schedules, convenient location in the Boston area, and affordability. Quincy College makes it easy to transfer to a four-year institution as we have articulation agreements with many public and private universities.
After completing one of our associate degree programs, our students can transfer easily to a four-year university to earn a Bachelor’s degree. We also have many clubs and organizations to enhance student life at Quincy College such as Phi Theta Kappa and Gamma Beta Phi Honor Societies, Intramural sports, various job fairs, a student-run newspaper, and more.
Additionally, we offer student services to further enrich your experience at Quincy College. The Nicastro Learning Center offers one-on-one tutoring, The Office of Career Services will help you find an internship or part-time job, and our Student Success Coaches are here to help you if you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed.
- Over 25 majors to choose from.
- Affordable tuition based on one cost per credit for all students.
- Personal approach to college experience.
- Easy transition to 4-year college & universities.
- Conveniently located near public transportation, the MBTA, and Boston.
- Conveniently close to the airport.
อัพเดทล่าสุดวันที่ December 4, 2017